Passenger Code of Conduct
For the safety and comfort of all, Amador Transit requires our passengers to:
- Pay the correct cash fare or show a pass when boarding.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Keep aisles free of all items.
- Ride quietly and respect the rights of other passengers. Using drugs or alcohol, smoking, littering, spitting, possessing strong odors, playing audible music, swearing, or otherwise behaving in
- an unruly or harassing manner are all prohibited.
- Keep all beverages in a spill-proof container.
- Refrain from eating.
- Children under 5 years old must be accompanied by a rider over 12 years of age.
- Do not carry hazardous materials while riding with us.
- Keep service animals under close control or pets in a closed container.
- Allow transit operators to drive their buses safely.
- Cross behind the bus and wait until after the bus leaves to cross the street
- Walk bikes and carry skateboards at any Amador Transit property.
- Misconduct may result in loss of riding privileges.
Infractions are subject to a $50-$250 citation.
(Chapter 251, Measure S B224 of the California Penal Code)