Amador Transit is committed to providing reliable, safe, and satisfying transportation options for the community. Customers of Amador Transit are a fundamental aspect of our business and as such, their feedback is crucial to the growth and development of the agency.
All buses have a Customer Feedback Form available for passengers to complete and mail or place in the bus fare box.
The Amador Transit Customer Complaint Procedure has been established to ensure that riders of the system have an easy and accessible way to provide feedback to the agency. Amador Transit is open to hearing any customer feedback including complaints, comments, suggestions, or concerns.
As a Federal Transportation Administration (FTA) fund recipient, Amador Transit will ensure that its programs, policies and activities comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended and Department of Transportation regulations.
Any person, who believes that he/she, has been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, with respect to Amador Transit’s programs, activities, services or other transit related benefits, may file a Title VI complaint. Complaints must be filed in writing and signed by the complainant, or a representative and should include the complainants name, address and telephone number or other means by which the complainant can be contacted. Complaints must be filed within one-hundred eighty days (180) of the date of the alleged discriminatory act.
Contacting Amador Transit: Riders can contact Amador Transit in the following ways:
1. US Mail: Riders can mail their feedback to the Amador Transit office at 11400 American Legion Drive, Jackson CA 95642.
2. Feedback Line: Riders can contact Amador Transit at 209-267-9395.
3. E-mail: Riders can contact Amador Transit by e-mail at email@example.com.
4. Fax: Riders can send written feedback by fax to 209-267-1462.
5. Language Line: For riders who speak a language other than English, Amador Transit will utilize the services of the AT@T Language Line to facilitate the call.
Feedback Review Process: All feedback from customers is valued and will be reviewed and distributed to the appropriate agency representative(s).
- Customer concerns, complaints, or employee commendations will be forwarded to the appropriate supervisor.
- Recommendations for service or system modification will be sent to the operations department.
- Questions regarding discrimination or bias will be sent to the agency Equal Opportunity Officer.
Feedback Acknowledgement: Anyone who submits a comment, complaint, or service suggestion to Amador Transit shall receive a response provided they give legible contact information.
· Feedback sent via mail or fax will receive with a response within seven business days.
· E-mail, phone, or web originated messages will be returned with 96 hours
Customer Appeals Process: Any person who is dissatisfied with the response they receive from Amador Transit is welcome to appeal the decision. A review team consisting of the Transit Manager and one other staff member will review customer appeals.
Information about Policy: Information about the Customer Complaint Policy, including how to submit a complaint, will be made available to riders:
- When customers are approved for ADA paratransit service
- When customers are re-evaluated for ADA paratransit service or if customers are not re-evaluated, every three years
- On comment cards available on all transportation vehicles
Reporting: The Transit Manager shall compile a summary of rider responses for the board, staff, and employees for use in reviewing and evaluating service.
Tracking: Amador Transit shall maintain a tracking system for all feedback from customers that provides a unique identification of each customer communication and allows ready access to information on the status of the comment at any time.
Protection from Retribution: Customers of Amador Transit should be able to submit feedback without fear of retribution from the agency. If a rider feels like they are being treated unfairly in response to the feedback that they provided, they should contact the Amador Transit Manager. Amador Transit will appropriately discipline any employee that retaliates against a customer.
Title VI Policy Statement
Declarcion de Titulo VI