Passenger Carry-on Possessions
In order to reduce the possibility of injury and/or property damage, Amador Transit does not permit anything to be carried onboard that cannot fit on the passengers lap and/or within the confines of a second single seat, subject to seating availability. Nothing is permitted to block an aisle and everything must be secured by the passenger.
List of Unacceptable Carry-on Possessions
Amador Transit does not permit the transportation of hazardous materials that represents an unreasonable risk and is within the Federal department of Transportation guidelines. Examples include, but are not limited to:
Class 1 – Explosives:
- Plastic Explosives
- Class 2 – Hazardous Gases and Cryogenic Liquids
Class 3 – Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Paint thinners & cleaners
- Degreasing solutions
- Alcohol (not for human consumption)
- Ketone, Acetone, etc.
- Class 4 – Flammable and Combustible Solids
Class 5 – Oxidizers
Class 6 – Poisons
Class 7 – Radioactive Materials
Class 8 – Corrosives
- Battery and Cleaning Acids
- Caustic Solutions
Class 9 – Miscellaneous Hazardous Materials
- Asbestos or any of its derivatives
Insulation materials for structures
Hazardous Equipment – Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Propane Tanks
- Oxygen (except for medical purposes with respect to an individual passenger and within specific guidelines relative to the way the tank is transported)
- Engine starter fluid
- Lead/Acid Batteries (except as part of an operating electric personal mobility device)
Equipment Containing Hazardous Fuels
Sharp Objects that are not properly protected or sheathed (such as chain saws, hatches, axes, hunting knives)
Weapons – Weapons of any type (pistols, rifles, hunting knives, etc.) are not permitted on transit system vehicles unless carried by persons lawfully permitted to carry such weapons.
Bicycles – Bicycles are permitted on the bus bicycle rack. They are generally not permitted inside any bus, but in the event of a full bicycle rack, subject to the driver’s discretion, a bicycle may be allowed onboard the bus if it can be secured (tied down) in the wheelchair area.